Email templates allow you to create customized templates that are used when sending out emails from BrokrBindr. Currently email templates can be one of two types:
- Invitation: These emails are sent to prospective clients and generally contain a brief introduction and a link to your public form, where they can begin filling and submitting their mortgage application information to you.
- Document Request: These emails are sent to existing clients who have applications in your BrokrBindr account. This kind of email is generally to remind the client to digitally submit (upload through a webpage) documents that are required to complete their mortgage application. This email generally contains a small message, as well as a list of the documents that are required (the list is generated dynamically be the system).
1) Navigate to the "My Profile" section
In the top right corner, click your name and a drop down will appear. Select the "My Profile" menu item.
2) Navigate to the "Email Settings" tab
Within the "Profile Account" portlet select the "Email Settings" tab.
3) Press the "Add Email Template" button
Note: you can add email templates into your own personal space (Managed by you), or, if you have permissions, into the Agency space, which will allow everyone in your agency to access the.
4) Customize your email template
Within the modal, fill in the fields:
- Name: This is the name to identify your email template with. This will not be shared with the client and will only be visible to you when you're logged in.
- Type: This is the type of template. The description of the two types of templates were described at the top of this article.
- Subject: This is the subject line of the email that will be sent to the client. At this time, the subject cannot contain any dynamic information from BrokrBindr.
- Email Body: This is the body of the email that will get sent to the client. The section below goes into further detail on how to customize your emails.
- Styles: These are commonly seen styles that can be applied to the text of your email body, and will be visible to the client when they open the email. Styles affect both the size and styling of the text.
- Bold/Italic/Underline: These are the general styles that be applied to any text. These options only affect the styling of the text.
- Remove style: This button will remove any styling currently applied to the selected text.
- Font: This allows the font of the text to be changed.
- Font size: This allows the font size to be changed.
- Foreground and Background color: This allows the foreground(text) and the background (highlight) colours to be changed.
- Unordered list: Allows you to insert a bulleted list.
- Ordered list: Allows you to insert a numbered list.
- Paragraph: Allows you to specify the alignment and justification for the text as well as specify any indentations.
- Line height: Allows you to specify the height of the line within the text.
- Table: Allows you to insert a table into the email body.
- Link: Allows you to insert a hyperlink into the email body.
- Image: Allows you to insert an image into the email body.
- Horizontal rule: Allows you to insert a horizontal rule into the email body.